Today I have been mostly thinking about...
...interview preparation...my first college assignment...an outfit for my birthday meal...an outfit for my interview (turns out the two outfits are one and the same)...chocolate...family...presents...
Preparation seems like an appropriate theme for an Advent blog! In just under a fortnight I have an interview for a job that's unlike anything I've even applied for before, let alone actually done! My preparation has been slightly hampered by the fact that the role is in London and I'm not in a position to go on a recce. And I have a college assignment to finish. And I have work. And it's nearly Christmas (woop!). Who holds job interviews the week before Christmas?!?!
But I'm trying to give it my best shot, to think creatively, to grasp with both hands the opportunity to shape a role I'd really love to do. One of my biggest weaknesses is that I love starting things but I'm not great at finishing them, so I have a tendency to pat myself on the head and congratulate myself for doing something, when actually I should be disciplining myself to finish. I'm better than I was, but there's always room for improvement. Bring on tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment