Saturday, February 16, 2013

Not so spontaneous?

I had a moment of clarity yesterday when I realised that in my head there's a very fine line between being spontaneous and not procrastinating. Maybe that ties in with my analysis paralysis. So I'll let you decide how to categorise yesterday's achievement.

I've wanted to make a patchwork quilt for a long time (don't judge me). Last month I found a simple pattern and it's always been my intention to use Fair Trade Fabric so what was keeping me? In my defence, I have been watching the pennies this month - why is it that significant car expenditure all comes at once? - but there's a limit.

So yesterday afternoon I had a hunt for fabric and opted for some fairly random collections of small squares. I'm hoping that piecing them together will be simple and effective - with any luck they'll arrive in the next few days and I can get cracking. Or I can think about getting cracking...

No comments: