Saturday, March 23, 2013

Ending well

I think it's fair to say this week has finished better than it started. Last weekend I was struggling with the thought of moving house, partly because it's just a pain in the bum and partly because of what it represents - my life lived in transition.

But some key things this week have made a difference to my outlook this weekend. The first is the simple fact of having started to move my stuff from one friend's house to another.
 
The second is that I've FINALLY finished and sent off my Baptist minister form (only two months after I was given it...). I've found it a really tough thing to do and the relief when I finally put it in the post box was immense.

The third thing is that I've now finished my dull, dull and boring Friday job. I wondered if I'd get all panicky again but I haven't, and I think that's because I've immediately been able to start doing the kind of creative and productive stuff I'm hoping I can invest my time in in the coming months.

The fourth things is that I've taken the decision to start a second blog focusing on baking and fair trade. I wasn't going to mention it yet because I'm not ready to make a big thing of it 'til I've posted some more content, but I've been working on it today and it seems daft not to! If you're not into baking, please don't bother following the link :o) 

And the fifth thing is that my rather marvellous sisters sent me a parcel of nice stuff which arrived today - what's not to love about Jesus soap, plant pot muffin cases, jelly babies, Dairy Milk and a clever book about politics, all topped off with a picture of Cliff Richard?  

I can't guarantee what frame of mind I'll be in this time next week but I'm making the most of a good end to a significant week.

No comments: