Monday, June 02, 2014

Looking for Rochester

I've just got home from the kind of weekend that can make the (fairly substantial) introvert bit of me feel a bit queasy - multiple new people and new places. The reality is that these occasions invariably turn out to be largely straightforward and a lot of fun, but preparing for them can be a bit draining. This weekend's fairly odd combination of a friend's fortieth birthday gathering in a youth hostel followed by an MA interview at Liverpool Cathedral made packing an unusually brain-scrambling experience!

So on Sunday afternoon I was glad of the opportunity to have a bit of alone time at Haddon Hall in Bakewell, Derbyshire, particularly after I discovered that it doubled as Thornfield Hall in the Michael Fassbender version of Jane Eyre, my favourite novel (and, incidentally, my favourite screen adaptation of the novel)! I had a lovely couple of hours just mooching about, taking photos and trying to work out what bits of the film happened where.

I imagine that at some point I'll post something about my interview but for now I'm just going to be terribly self-indulgent and share some photos of my nice afternoon!


 








1 comment:

Glenis said...

So glad you had a lovely afternoon and very interested to hear about the interview. About time you revived your academic career, hope it all went well