Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Collecting my thoughts


In some ways this has been an uneventful year, in others it’s been as much of a rollercoaster as the preceding three or four! So simple lists of things that have stayed the same and things that have changed will largely suffice.

I’m still…
  • Living in Leicester
  • Working at Just, The Fair Trade Shop, a job I enjoy and which is teaching me lots about lots of things – what I’m good at, what I’m not good at, leadership, management, social enterprise etc.
  • Involved in church-type things although roles (and, indeed, church attendance) are evolving.

I have…
  • Moved twice this year – initially in with my brother-in-law’s sister and then to another vicarage occupied by a single lady clergyperson. I’m hoping not to move again for at least a whole year…
  • A second part-time job which starts after Christmas, primarily cooking for a drop-in for vulnerable adults, but hopefully with the scope to develop new areas of working particularly using my growing passion for baking…
  • Learned to make bread! With my own hands, not a bread-maker! Simple pleasures!
  • Rediscovered knitting in a big way.
  • Been on a silent retreat – not as silent as I’d anticipated! A great way to take some time out and reflect on all sorts of stuff.
  • Made a wedding cake for a friend. One of the scariest experiences of my life. But said friend then commissioned me to make a 40th birthday cake for another friend, so it can’t have been too disastrous…
  • Put on hold my exploration of ordained ministry for now. But watch this space… Not literally. That would be really dull.

No comments: