Monday, January 02, 2012

2012: A space odyssey

Never before have I looked out from the dizzy heights of January 1 and had no idea what the next twelve months might hold. 2012 stretches ahead, a blank canvas save for a few events - a change of address (hopefully in the next fortnight), a couple of weddings in the summer.

If I had to choose just one resolution for this year it would simply be to make the most of every opportunity, whatever they might be. I do have some more specific resolutions too - reading through the Bible in a year (I got pretty close in 2011), getting back into the habit of journalling, honing my baking skills.

The challenge will be getting the balance between being disciplined enough with my time to feel like I'm being productive (whatever that might mean!) and having the space and freedom to respond to unexpected opportunities as and when they present themselves. Given that my approach to spontaneity tends to be to try and plan it six months in advance I suspect that's going to be a fairly tricky balance to strike!

1 comment:

Nigel Spencer said...

Hi, Louise. Thanks for the blog update. Where's the move taking you?