Saturday, August 27, 2005

Recharging the batteries

Well, having spontaneously disappeared off to Soul Survivor for a couple of days, I then ended up going camping in Cornwall for almost a week, hence the lack of activity on my blog. It's been a good couple of weeks, despite the ridiculous amount of driving I ended up doing. If ever there was a great argument for getting married it has to be sharing the driving!!!

Rather than going to "normal" Soul Survivor I was at Momentum which was aimed at those in their twenties (thought I ought to go this year before I'm technically too old...!) so there were less young people around (always good for youth workers on annual leave) and in fact there were fewer people generally - I'd hazard a guess at around 3/4000 rather than the 11,000 (!!) that were there the week after. It was a good week - nice to be on the receiving end after a year of giving out - and there was plenty of time to read and think. I'll post some thoughts in the next couple of days.

The week in Cornwall was cool - I was there with some old family friends who I'd been away with a few times as a child / teenager. As a result there were a couple of moments when it felt like I was fourteen again (mainly when Andy and I were bickering over who had the better tent... me, obviously, and Andy conceded that was the case just before we left to come home.) It was a pretty chilled week - again lots of reading, a visit to the Eden Project which I'd last seen when it was a building site, and a couple of fairly chilly afternoons on the beach.

I'm back to work on Tuesday after four weeks off. It's been a good break and I'm hoping that the time out will have set me up nicely for all that's to come in the next year.

No comments: